the magic bullet

i know you've all seen the infomercial about the magic bullet. it's a great party item, and you can make virtually anything using it...and it's so easy to clean! well, i received said magic bullet as a gift and this blog will chronicle how well the bullet lives up to its reputation.

12.17.2006

the magic has fizzled


dear loyal readers,

the time has come. the magic bullet blog will be disappearing, permanently, after nearly a year of posts. to be honest, i don't use it much anymore. it's now off my counter and under the sink, taking up space. using it in the winter is rare, especially because it just doesn't do soup very well.




some highlights for me:

margaritas and daiquiries
grating cheese
easy omelette
easy cappuccino
white bean sammiches
fettuccine alfredo

some sad points:

blending soup
homemade salsa
chopping vegetables
cleaning it! and too-many attachments.

any feedback? please don't forget to remove your links to this blog.....and when i start up something new, i'll be sure to let you know ;-)

karmen

7 Comments:

Blogger LMD said...

sniff sniff... am sad to see the bullet go, but the margarita memories will last forever.

thanks karm!

1:29:00 PM  
Blogger WE Speak said...

Thanks for the blog and your honest opinions. I was thinking about picking one of these up and have decided against it. I've managed this long with just a good knife and a few other utensils, I think I can keep going.

8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Another Apartment in Blogville. said...

so sad. why does it have to go? can't it just become a blogspot tombstone...and stay frozen in time for the rest of eternity? why does it have to die? Why does everything beautiful have to go away? WHY!?!? WHY!?!?!?
Wait..what were we talking about again? Oh yeah...the magic bullet.
Well...I said it once, and I'll say it again:
"Fuck you, blender. You'll NEVER replace the magic bullet."
REST IN PEACE, if you must rest.
Dona Nobis Pacem, Magic Bullet, 2006.

12:01:00 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

It's pretty sad to see it go, but, yeah, I understand. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

1:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ADDRESS CLEANING THE BASE???? Other than the drips that stick up the trigger feet, we like our Bullet very much. How do you clean the feets?? geor6six6@yahoo.com

12:23:00 PM  
Blogger mlnuss said...

I am sorry that you are stopping your blog now....I just brought a Bullet last week. I was looking online to try and find some recipes and rand acress your blog. If provides some useful hints. I do agree that a certain amount of prep work is necessary. I did make the pancakes yesterday and they were a hint. We have also made malts which are also a hit. If you like you can send me some of your tried and true recipes. Thanks so much! Maureen

9:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Kuhla said...

Cool blender. I will buy it at Trgovina s kuhinjskimi pripomočki

11:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home